Door Doctor U-Series Mechanical dock leveler
Mechanical-M 30,000 to 45,000 lb (13,636 to 20,455 kg) Rated Capacities
The Door Doctor U-Series Mechanical dock leveler is easy to use: simply pull the release chain and let the heavy duty main lift springs go into action. The deck rises and the lip extends smoothly to the locked position. Then ‘walk’ the deck down to the truck bed and begin loading or unloading
The U-Series mechanical dock leveler’s hold-down system is controlled by a 45,000 PSI precision-milled steel ratchet with 13 deep grooves and four pawls, offering strong locking capability. During loading and unloading, the friction disk brake enables the deck to seamlessly match the trailer height, minimizing cross-docking bounce. The increased contact surface with the disk brake creates even wear on the brake pads and results in greater hold while reducing maintenance requirements.
- Minimum of 6 U-beams channel deck supports
- deck flex up to 4” (101mm) when under load
- Yieldable lip safely collapses if struck while extended
- Hold-down assembly matches dock movement with trailer suspension
- Heavy-duty springs have a lifetime warranty
- Ergonomic soft-pull chain requires only 3lbs (1.4 kg) of force to deploy the deck
- Mechanical fall-safe legs limit platform free-fall.
- Door Doctor Assured Motion Float
- Vehicle Restraint
- Light Communication Package
- 18” (457mm) and 20” (508mm) long lips
- Brush and rubber weather seals
- Full operating range metal toe guards
- Pour-in pan to facilitate new construction
- New construction pit kit
Safety Features – Maximize your options
- A – Maintenance strut supports both deck and lip for safe under-deck maintenance and inspections
- B – Yieldable lip safety collapses if struck while extended
- C – Hold-down assembly matches dock movement with trailer suspension
- D – Heavy-duty springs have a lifetime warranty
- E – Ergonomic soft-pull chain requires only 3 lbs (1.4kg)of force to deploy the deck
- F – Mechanical fall-safe legs limit platform free-fall
Light Communication Packages
The optional features listed below will help you get the most out of your dock leveler.
The Manual Light Communication Package consists of an indoor and outdoor set of signal lights manually operated to communicate safety conditions to both workers and truck drivers. An advancedAutomatic Lights Communication Package, has a sensor that detects the dock’s status and automatically signals when the dock is parked. Both packages minimize the risk of unscheduled truck departure and worker injury.