CHI 6000 Garage Door
Insulated service door
The Series 6000 roll-up garage doors are engineered and designed for maximum strength and durability. Manufactured to stringent code standards, the Series 6000 line is an industrial product built without shortcuts to provide a high degree of confidence for specifiers and end users. A wide variety of slat profiles, gauges, and color options are available. The steel components of these roll-up garage doors are 100% recyclable post-consumer, making it the right choice for green sustainable buildings and LEED projects.
- Designed for maximum strength and durability
- Curtain gauge selection: 22, 20, and 18 gauge galvanized, high tensile steel
- Slat Profiles: Curved, Flat, Insulated Flat Slat
- Operation: Manual push-up, chain hoist (standard) or motor operation
Colors: Pre-painted gray, white, tan, and brown or galvanized finish.
powder coat options available.
- Half-hexagonal formed hoods deliver superior structural rigidity and aesthetic appeal
- R-value**: Polystyrene = 4.7 and Polyurethane = 6.7
- Options and accessories available
**R-Values have been calculated in accordance with ASTM C518 standards
Flat Slat (FS) cover 2-1/2” high by 3/4” deep
Curved Slat (CS) cover 2-5/8” high x 7/8” deep
Insulated Slat (IS) cover 2-1/2” by 13/16” deep
Endlocks & Windlocks
- Malleable, zinc-placted cast iron endlocks and windlocks maintain curtain alignment and increase windload capacity. Galvanized malleable cast endlocks are fastened to every other slat. Windlocks are added as dictated by door size & windload requirement.
- Windload: Designed to withstand a minimum of 20 lbs psf (per sq feet) of windload to an amount that prevents curtain per square foot of windload deflection to prevent buckling or being blown out of the guides.
22, 20 or 18 gauge interlocking galvanized steel
- Solid Gray, Gray & White, Tan & White
- Optional: Stock RAL powder-coat option in 188 colors
- Slats are hot-dipped galvanized per ASTM A653 A with baked on epoxy primer and polyester finish coat available
5" x 1-1/8"
- Face Mount (E or Z) or Jamb Mount
- Mount to Steel, Wood or Masonry Jambs
- Fabricated from three (minimum 3/16” structural steel angles bolted together to form guide channel.
- Guide angles include curtain stops & flared guides
- Hot-dipped or cold sprayed galvanized guides (optional)
- Fabricated from minimum 1/4” steel plate.
- Drive side of barrel to be provided with precision sealed ball bearing in cast iron housing
Manual Push-up, Chain-hoist (standard)
- Spring tension assembly within barrel by precision ball bearings.
- Assembly designed for 20,000 cycle life springs (Standard).
Higher cycles optional
- Rolling Doors are also available with Motor operation.
- Refer to the motor operator area chart to select operator type based on dimensions and gauge
- Choose between wall mount or front of headplate mount. Use the charts to determine headroom, sideroom and backroom clearance requirements.
Manual push-up doors furnished with interior slide bolt locks with padlock provision standard.
Chain hoist doors operated doors furnished with chain hoist keeper suitable for padlocking
Located on the drive shaft, these breaks sense a sudden increase in rpm and apply immediate braking to prevent curtain free-fall.
Sloping bottom bar
Designed for those applications where the floor or sill of the opening is sloped due to the building being built on an incline (think San Francisco or Pittsburgh). This option provides a secure closure to the opening even without the traditional 90 degree squared openings at the floor level.
Super-imposed or Door-behind-a-door
The C.H.I. superimposed rolling steel door is two doors sharing a single pair of head plates and wall angles. The door is designed for applications that require maximum security and an environmental barrier some of the time and allow airflow and security at other times. A number of different door and grille combinations are possible. These superimposed door designs are preferred in many commercial, industrial, defense, and food service applications.
To learn more about fire safety standards, pleasy click here.